List Directory by Market Categories
- All Buyers – dealers, feeders, retailers, wholesalers, processors and live animal markets buying sheep and goats.
- Dealers – buy animals directly from farmers or auctions to resell to processors, wholesalers or retailers.
- Feeders – farms purchasing animals to feed up for their customer base.
- Live Animal Markets – establishments selling live animals directly to consumers for processing in their on-site custom slaughterhouses.
- Retailers & Wholesalers – buy carcasses or cuts from processors or other wholesalers. Retailers resell meat cuts directly to the end consumer. Wholesalers resell to commercial businesses. Some like to purchase live animals rather than carcasses and arrange processing themselves.
- Processors, Slaughterhouses – buy live animals and process them for resale to wholesale or retail businesses. Many processors also provide USDA processing services for farmers and commercial businesses that are marketing animals or meat directly to consumers or retailers themselves.
- Livestock Auction Markets – Local or regional sale barns where farmers can take livestock to be auctioned to commercial businesses or order buyers.